Possibly group ASSIGN with line ...
Rule "groupassign" gives this warning when it finds several ASSIGN
statements that could have been grouped together into one single
Possible issues with this rule that may need to be fixed or not:
- You can't have call a UDF an assign after writing to a key field.
- Sometimes a large assign statement is split on purpose, because there is a compiler limit for the number of characters in a single statement.
- It could be argued that intentional ASSIGN splits should all use the ASSIGN keyword. Then a variation of the rule could just report on cases where the ASSIGN keyword isn't used.
- sometimes you want separate ASSIGN statements for its NO-ERROR option.
- AppBuilder generated ASSIGN statements are not always grouped and would lead to false positives.
- Possible assign grouping within BUFFER-COPY is not checked:
BUFFER-COPY customer TO ttCustomer.
ASSIGN ttCustomer.customer-name = 'Old Name'. /* May be grouped with Buffer-Copy statement */